Everyone Deserves the Power of Literacy!
The Blosser Center for Dyslexia Resources is the only independent, non-profit center in the Northwest accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators. We are dedicated to helping children and adults achieve their potential despite dyslexia or related literacy difficulties. The Blosser Center was founded in 2000 to continue the educational and advocacy work of Dorothy Blosser Whitehead, M.S., a nationally recognized leader in establishing standards for reading specialists.
* Professional, individual instruction builds reading and spelling skills, improves reading comprehension and creates confidence and success.
* Gives teachers and tutors the tools they need to help students who are falling further and further behind their classmates.
* Learn The Classic Orton-Gillingham Approach, validated by over 75 years of scientific research: the “gold standard” of instruction for dyslexic/struggling readers.
* Academic testing and analysis pinpoints areas needing expert instruction and reveals gifts and talents.
* The Blosser Center offers referrals for diagnostic testing for all ages.
Phone: (503) 234-4060
Mail: 6327-C SW Capitol Hwy PMB 159, Portland, OR 97239
Office/clinic location: NE 45th and Sandy Blvd (1907 NE 45th Ave. Portland), inside the Rose City Park Presbyterian Church in the Hollywood District.